Saturday, January 5, 2008

Webhost Rant

Some of you have been complaining that you can't access our site. I apologise for that.

We've been having problems with our webhost Jump Web Services They in turn are blaming the problems on the data centre.

Last night, around 1 am, I noticed that GMtee was down again. I fired off a terse e-mail to customer support and was pleasantly surprised that the problem was quickly fixed despite the ungodly hour. But when I returned to my computer in the morning the site was unavailable again.

Selling you a shirt ain't as simple as it might seem. Design, manufacture, delivery, photography, website updates, marketing... all that effort and finally our webhost can't keep their server working.

Imagine my frustration! Customers complaining. Lost sales. Damage to our reputation. Money spent advertising a dead site. Negative impact on our search ranking. Not cool.

It's expensive and inconvenient to move the site to another webhost, but it looks like we may have no choice.

/End Rant.

No comments: